Prior Learning Assessment Course Subjects
- First Or Second Officer (AVF-351) 3.00 s.h.
- Federal aviation regulatory documents, flight operation policies, aircraft instruments, advanced engines and systems, applied aerodynamics, aircraft performance, aviation weather, and communications procedures.
- Aviation Safety (ATC-322) 3.00 s.h.
- An examination of aviation safety designed to help the nonflying student identify major problem areas, evaluate safety programs & recognize the value and total impact of aviation accident prevention efforts. Major emphasis: recognition of impact of an accident upon industry. Underlying human factors which contribute to aviation accident identifies and safety prevention responsibilities are evaluated. Basic principles of investigation are examined, and a survey of accident cases is made to improve recognition of causes of actual failure.
- Aviation Safety (AVF-303) 3.00 s.h.
- An examination of aviation safety designed to help the nonflying student identify major problem areas, evaluate safety programs & recognize the value and total impact of aviation accident prevention efforts. Major emphasis: recognition of impact of an accident upon industry. Underlying human factors which contribute to aviation accident identified and safety prevention responsibilities are evaluated. Basic principles of investigation are examined, and survey of accident cases is made to improve recognition of causes of actual failure.
- Flight Engineer C (AVF-343) 3.00 s.h.
- US Domestic & International Carriers Training: Federal Aviation Regulations, aircraft performance and flight planning, aviation weather, aviation physiology, normal and emergency operating procedures, applied aerodynamics, advanced engines and systems, and aircraft evacuation equipment and procedures. Instruction is related to a specific type of aircraft.
- Flight Dispatcher A (AVF-344) 3.00 s.h.
- Federal Aviation Regulations, meteorology, air navigation, aircraft weight and balance, aircraft performance, communications, simulated instrument flight, air traffic control procedures, and practical dispatching.
- Air Traffic Control System (AVF-204) 3.00 s.h.
- The evolution, current state, and future of the National Airspace System with emphasis on its current and future impact on the domestic and international aviation industry. Defines the Federal Aviation Administration's role in the operation, maintenance, and planned moderation of Air Traffic Control facilities, airways and navigational aids, landing aids, and airports. The users of the systems, their needs, and issues with the system's operation and planned modernization are examined.
- General Aviation Operations (AVF-363) 3.00 s.h.
- This course provides an in-depth study of the general aviation field, including finances, management, operations and regulations. Major concentration will be placed on the management and administration of a fixed-base operation; the duties and responsibilities of the airport manager; and the managerial considerations in the application of the small airplane in business aviation, aerial photography, agricultural spraying, aircraft sales, financing, and insurance.
- General Aviation Operations (AVF-464) 3.00 s.h.
- A study of general aviation operations including fixed base operations (fuel, sales, flight training, charter, etc.) corporate flight departments, executive air fleets, etc.) and the general aviation aircraft manufacturing industry.
- Federal Aviation Regulations (AVM-201) 2.00 s.h.
- Selected Federal Aviation Regulations covered; controls exercised by Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) over production and maintenance of aircraft, mechanics of compliance with regulations.
- Aviation Maintenance Management (MAI-351) 3.00 s.h.
- To familiarize the student with the functions and responsibilities of the aviation maintenance manager. Maintenance management at the fixed base operator, commuter/regional airline, and national air carrier levels will be studied. Aviation maintenance management problem areas will be reviewed using the case study method.
Courses 1-10 of 36 matches.
More 's indicate a better match.