Prior Learning Assessment Course Subjects
- Contemporary Theories in Psychology (PSY-367) 3.00 s.h.
- Contemporary systems and view points used in psychology.
- Psychology of Women (PSY-270) 3.00 s.h.
- Examines the psychology of women, including gender role development, achievement, women and work, relationships, sexuality, health, violence, and older adulthood.
- Psychology of Racism (PSY-430) 3.00 s.h.
- Psychology of development and consequences of stereotypes and attitudes toward outgroups.
- Consumer Behavior (MAR-351) 3.00 s.h.
- This is an interdisciplinary course which examines the various aspects of consumer buying behavior. Such fields as economics psychology, social psychology, sociology, and cultural anthropology are studies with reference to purchase decision criteria consumer motivation and attitude change. The course focuses on the implications of social science concepts for marketing strategy.
- Research in Experimental Psychology (PSY-322) 3.00 s.h.
- Course Description
Research in Experimental Psychology (PSY-322) provides an introduction to the research methods used by experimental psychologists as they attempt to understand human behavior. Examples of research studies, chosen from a variety of areas of experimental psychology, demonstrate these methods and provide you with an understanding of the knowledge these studies have produced.
Through the Portfolio Assessment process, students will demonstrate that they can appropriately address the following outcomes:
- Explain why the scientific thinking used in psychological research is better than common sense as a means of acquiring knowledge about behavior.
- Explain the logic of the psychology experiment and describe the features of experimental methodology intended to satisfy that logic.
- Compare and contrast predictive and causal relations between variables.
- Compare and contrast manipulated and non-manipulated variables.
- Explain the problem of confounding in psychological experiments and describe methods used to minimize the problem.
- Describe ways of summarizing patterns of data.
- Explain the principle of drawing inferences from patterns of data and describe ways of measuring the confidence that should be attached to these inferences.
- Describe factors that limit the generalizing of experimental findings in psychology.
- Describe the analysis required to determine whether experimental findings are accidental.
- Describe the format for reporting research findings.
- Psychology and Law (PSY-340) 3.00 s.h.
- Law and psychology share a common focus: the understanding, prediction and regulation of human behavior. Despite this commonality of interest, different emphasis on these elements and a different mandate have frequently hindered active communication and collaboration between the disciplines. The purpose of this course is to present the common ground of law and psychology, and show how they contribute to each other.
- History and Systems of Psychology (PSY-400) 3.00 s.h.
- Survey of historical developments in the emergence of modern scientific psychology. Contemporary theoretical systems discussed with emphasis on how they approach the recurring problems of psychology.
- Ethical and Legal Issues in Psychology (PSY-472) 3.00 s.h.
- Ethical principles in human and animal research and applied areas of psychology. Includes study of emerging legal issues in the various fields of psychology.
- Clinical & Hospital Procedures (ANS-213) 4.00 s.h.
- Job skills necessary for the animal science technician. To include: farm and large animal hospital visits; principles of animal disease and nursing procedures, surgical preparation and assisting; principles of radiology; hospital sanitation and management; history taking and record keeping; ordering of supplies and drugs, billing procedures; basic psychology of animal owners, telephone techniques.
- Primate Behavior (ANT-371) 3.00 s.h.
- Natural history of the primates. Methods and scope of ethological studies. Socioecology and psychology of nonhuman primates.
More 's indicate a better match.
Courses 1-10 of 74 matches.