Prior Learning Assessment Course Subjects
- Dance Methodology (DAN-431) 3.00 s.h.
- Theories and methods of teaching dance in order to prepare for teaching in studios, recreation departments, companies, institutions, public schools, colleges, universities, etc.
- Accounting for Non-Accounting Majors (ACC-110) 3.00 s.h.
- This course is intended to provide managers and potential managers an overview of the subject of accounting, teaching both financial and managerial concepts. The course concentrates on management accounting, opening with cost terms, cost behavior, relevant information, and cost systems. It then teaches the basics of the financial accounting cycle and the nature and purpose of financial statements and financial statement analysis techniques. The course concludes with coverage of budgets, capital budgeting, and responsibility accounting.
- Flight Instructor Ground (AVF-331) 3.00 s.h.
- A study of the fundamentals of teaching and learning; effective teaching methods; instructional management; aeromedical information for instructors; instructor responsibilities; flight training syllabus; federal regulations for instructors and maneuver analysis.
- Flight Instructor Airplane Flight (AVF-332) 3.00 s.h.
- Practice in the exploration and demonstration of all prescribed flight maneuvers and the practical in-flight application of teaching techniques and methods.
- Flight Instructor Rotorcraft Flight (AVF-333) 3.00 s.h.
- Practice in the exploration and demonstration of all prescribed helicopter flight maneuvers and practical in-flight application of teaching techniques.
- Principles of Instruction (AVF-337) 3.00 s.h.
- Basic principles of learning & teaching, curriculum analysis & flight crew training methods are presented. Basic flight maneuvers & instrument flying methods are analyzed & strong emphasis is placed on in-class teaching opportunities & development of instructional materials.
- The Childcare Teacher (CDS-109) 3.00 s.h.
- This course examines the historical and philosophical foundations of early childhood education, including introductory knowledge of classroom management, teaching methods, learning styles, child development, legal issues, a code of ethics, diversity, multicultural education, and the role of reflection in teaching.
- Social Studies for Preschool (CDS-316) 3.00 s.h.
- Focuses on the knowledge base of social studies, teaching strategies, materials, learning environments, evaluation and contemporary issues in a diverse society.
- Teaching Reading to Young Children (EDU-114) 3.00 s.h.
- To provide students with an understanding of the theoretical issues and practical considerations relevant to teaching reading successfully, as well as some experience in preparing educational materials for this purpose. Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to understand the theoretical background to various methods of teaching reading and know which are most effective based on the evidence from current researching the field.
- Fundamentals of Reading Instruction (EDU-121) 3.00 s.h.
This course is designed to train preparatory teacher education students in the basic principles of the teaching of reading. The course endeavors to facilitate their teacher training by introducing them to research practices and teaching strategies in reading. Effective pedagogical practices in the differentiation of literacy instruction are also emphasized.
Through the Portfolio Assessment process, students will demonstrate that they can appropriately address the following outcomes:
- Discuss the role of family/caregivers in supporting emergent literacy and early reading skills.
- Explain the role of the alphabetic principle in the early reading environment.
- Discuss models of reading instruction: phonics, language experience, literature, guided reading.
- Indicate "best practice" for the teaching of reading skills of comprehension and fluency.
- Explain how structures of both fiction and information texts are taught to foster comprehension of texts.
- Discuss the reading/writing connection in terms of teaching reading.
More 's indicate a better match.
Courses 1-10 of 69 matches.