Prior Learning Assessment Course Subjects
- Technical Theater Production II (THA-297) 3.00 s.h.
- Continued study of technical theater including the interpretation of design and technical drawings, scenic construction, rigging, and theater organization.
- Musical Comedy Dance (DAN-161) 3.00 s.h.
- This course is designed for the dance student who wishes to learn the routines and styles of theater dance for Musical Comedy.
- Broadway Plays (THA-323) 3.00 s.h.
- Study of the history of Broadway plays, including playwrights, theater architecture, and production.
- Theater and Contemporary Issues (THA-324) 3.00 s.h.
- Exploration of theater and drama as they relate to issues of contemporary culture.
- Theater Theory (THA-402) 3.00 s.h.
- Study of major critical questions about the nature of theater from Aristotle and Zeami to Brecht and Artaud.
- Advanced Lighting (THA-450) 3.00 s.h.
- Advanced lighting skills in theater and the related areas of dance, opera, and the musical comedy.
- Dramatic Literature II (THA-483) 3.00 s.h.
- Survey of dramatic literature from the romantic period to the present via close examination of stylistic evolution and influential socio- cultural factors. Particular emphasis on the styles of romanticism, modern realism, expressionism, epic theater, theater of the absurd and contemporary theater.
- Dance for Musical Theater (DAN-362) 3.00 s.h.
- Dance utilized in musical theater. Ensemble and individual approaches to the style. Choreography of musical theater.
- Introduction to Theater (THA-101) 3.00 s.h.
- Examines knowledge of the fundamentals of theater art. Covers plays and theater practices from the Greeks to the present.
- Theater II (THA-102) 3.00 s.h.
- Continued study of the art of the theater, covering dramatic literature; types of drama and theatrical events; theater design and play productions; criticism.
More 's indicate a better match.
Courses 1-10 of 47 matches.