PLA Portfolio Assessment Course Subjects
- Technical Theater Production II (THA-297) 3.00 s.h.
- Continued study of technical theater including the interpretation of design and technical drawings, scenic construction, rigging, and theater organization.
- Dramatic Literature II (THA-483) 3.00 s.h.
- Survey of dramatic literature from the romantic period to the present via close examination of stylistic evolution and influential socio- cultural factors. Particular emphasis on the styles of romanticism, modern realism, expressionism, epic theater, theater of the absurd and contemporary theater.
- Musical Comedy Dance (DAN-161) 3.00 s.h.
- This course is designed for the dance student who wishes to learn the routines and styles of theater dance for Musical Comedy.
- Dance for Musical Theater (DAN-362) 3.00 s.h.
- Dance utilized in musical theater. Ensemble and individual approaches to the style. Choreography of musical theater.
- History of the Development of Black Theater in America (THA-305) 3.00 s.h.
- Analysis of the historical development of black theater beginning in the 1820's and tracing its progress to the present. Particular emphasis on the establishment of the relationship between black American theater and African culture.
- Broadway Plays (THA-323) 3.00 s.h.
- Study of the history of Broadway plays, including playwrights, theater architecture, and production.
- Theater and Contemporary Issues (THA-324) 3.00 s.h.
- Exploration of theater and drama as they relate to issues of contemporary culture.
- Asian Theater (THA-326) 3.00 s.h.
- Asian plays and performance forms in their cultural and artistic contexts; myth, ritual, and the theater; performance training, visual presentation of the text; political theater; intercultural performance- the fusion of Asian and Western traditions.
- Latino Theater (THA-332) 3.00 s.h.
- Latino plays and performance forms on their cultural and artistic contexts; myths, ritual, and the theater; performance training, visual presentation of the text; political theater; intercultural performance.
- History of the Theater I (THA-400) 3.00 s.h.
Survey of theater history from the beginnings through the baroque period, via close examination of stylistic evolution and influential socio-cultural factors. Particular emphasis upon the styles of classicism, medieval theatre, neo and popular classical commedia del-arte and baroque theater.
Through the Portfolio Assessment process, students will demonstrate that they can appropriately address the following outcomes:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the socio/political context of the theatre from the Greeks through the Renaissance
- Demonstrate knowledge of the major playwrights of this period
- Demonstrate knowledge of the theatrical practices during this period
More 's indicate a better match.
Courses 1-10 of 47 matches.