Courses 1-10 of 11 matches.
The essentials of personnel management and fundamentals of supervision and leadership as applied to administration. Consideration of supervisory problems with a police/security system. Application of labor relations to effective performance. Topics include discipline, motivation, training, job classification, salary standards, and promotion.
Through the Portfolio Assessment process, students will demonstrate that they can appropriately address the following outcomes:
- Identify the various leadership styles that are utilized in personnel management
- List and discuss the roles and responsibilities of the administrator/supervisor
- Identify problems facing the supervisor, at various levels within the organization
- Discuss the significance of labor relations as it applies to the administrator and the rank and file
- Present sound supervisory strategies that address discipline, motivation and training
Identify job classifications, salary standards and promotional criteria for personnel within the organization.